Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Spring Into Action!

It's spring break for college students! Time for beaches, sunshine, music, beer, bikinis, tanning and volleyball in the sand!



My God in Heaven, I hate spring with a fiery passion.

Fortunately, I don't have to do any of those things listed above! :D

How will I spend my spring break?

Training my puppy!


Doesn't she look so eager to learn!


Yesterday, before heading out into the cold, cruel world to go to Borders, Jonathan was trying to prove that Angela was an obedient dog that listened to commands. He said to her:

"If you're a good girl, you'll sit!"

Angela just snout-pokes him in the pelvic area of his body.

"C'mon, be a good girl and sit!"

Nothing but snout-pokes.

"Sit!"

Angela just whines happily and wags her tail.

Well, since I've not made any plans for spring break, I've decided to spend some quality time with my puppy. See if maybe I can teach her some basic tricks and maybe....just maybe...teach Angela to behave decently when around company.

To be honest, Angela can be smart if she's focused. I feel for Angela. I really do. I was diagnosed with ADD when I was 11, and my 5th grade teacher wanted me to be held back because I refused to show my work on math assignments. The teacher suspected I was cheating on my assignments and discussed this with my mom. Fortunately, my mom knew I was capable of doing the work (I thought showing my work was stupid if I could do it in my head) and didn't feel I needed to be held back. Maybe Angela has some kind of doggie ADD.

No matter. I believe in my puppy. I know she can be a good girl. This morning, I went over Angela's basic training routine she has down-pat so far: Sit, lie down, roll over. I'm not going to lie. It was incredibly difficult to get her to just SIT the first time I started really cracking down on the training.

Let's see what I can teach my puppy.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment